Limerick Unwrapped 2018, funded by Limerick City and County Council as part of the Christmas in Limerick campaign, will take place on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th December in four venues around Limerick city hosted by Celia Holman Lee and the event is free to the public with lots of festive treats! Laura Ryan, Head of Communications, Limerick City & County Council, Cecile Lee Coveney, Asta Cibulskyte Lee and Celia Holman Lee. Picture: Keith Wiseman
Celia Holman Lee is unwrapping Christmas with Limerick Unwrapped 2018
If you are looking for some inspiration for gift ideas or fashion for the festive period, then why not let Limerick’s style icon Celia Holman-Lee help you!
Over two days in December (7th and 8th), Celia will be on hand with Limerick Unwrapped 2018 giving you some inspiration and gift ideas showcasing the best of fashion, jewellery, accessories and gifts from local Limerick stores.
The aim is to entice people to shop in Limerick city centre for Christmas.
Limerick Unwrapped 2018 funded by Limerick City and County Council as part of the Christmas in Limerick campaign, will take place on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th December in four venues around Limerick city hosted by Celia Holman Lee and the event is free to the public with lots of festive treats!
Each location will showcase different Limerick boutiques and stores, showcasing approximately 40 retailers overall from across the city and hoping to inspire shoppers with fashion, jewellery, accessories and gifts for all the family.
The locations and times are:
|Friday 7th December||Bowes Ryan Café, Arthur’s Quay, Limerick at 11am
Alex Findlater & Co, O’Connell St, Limerick at 3pm
|Saturday 8th December||Sodalicious, Lower Cecil St, Limerick at 11am
The Savoy Bar, Savoy Hotel, Henry St at 3pm
Celia Holman Lee said: “We’re delighted to be working with Limerick City and County Council and the city’s retailers to showcase a wide range of gift ideas for Christmas and provide inspiration for friends and family. The four locations are really pulling out the stops to ensure the shows will be sensational with lots of free festive treats and we’re really looking forward to showcasing all that Limerick stores have to offer.”
Laura Ryan, Head of Marketing and Communications with Limerick City and County Council added: “So many people are shopping online this Christmas, but there’s nothing like physically seeing an item and getting to try before you buy it. Limerick Unwrapped is a great opportunity for shoppers to see the huge variety of gift options available in Limerick city stores in a fun and festive environment.”
Limerick Unwrapped 2018 is just one of the hundreds of other events in Limerick during the festive period. They include:
- Toots Christmas Train– Hop on board the award-winning ‘Toots the Train’ and travel through the heart of the city and experience the festive sights and sounds and the Christmas lights! Every Fri, Sat & Sun from 30th Nov to 23rd Dec.
- King John’s Castle Magical Christmas– Why not visit Santa Claus and all his friends who have come to live within the magnificent castle walls for their weekends in December. 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 20th – 23rd Dec.
- The Gingerbread Factory and Santa’s Postbox at the Hunt Museum. You can make your own gingerbread while enjoying a hot chocolate before writing your all-important letter to Santa and posting it in the Big Green Post Box. Every Fri, Sat & Sun from 30th Nov to 23rd Dec.
- Limerick on Ice– Enjoy the magic of real ice at Ireland’s longest established ice-rink Arthur’s Quay Park from 29th Nov – 6th Jan.
- Christmas at the Milk Market and the Christmas Market on Cruises Street – Soak up the atmosphere with local artisan traders showcasing the wonderful handmade craft, art, horticultural produce and seasonal treats. Milk Market: 14th – 16th Dec and 21st – 24th Dec. Cruises Street: 16th – 24th Dec
- Musical Treats sponsored by Savins. Bedford Row will be filled with festive cheer as colourful street performers and musicians entertain live from the vintage caravan stage on the 8th Dec.
- Winter Busking Competition on Upper William Street. Sample some of the best sounds around as musicians and bands compete for one afternoon only on the 8th Dec.
- Santas– A host of magical Santas across Limerick including Newcastle West: 8th, 15th, 16th, 20th, 22nd Dec, Lough Gur on 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th Dec and Stonehall: 1st to 22nd Dec
- Christmas Racing Festival– Limerick Racecourse – the four-day traditional festival is the ideal place to continue the celebrations in style from 26th Dec.
As part of Christmas in Limerick, hundreds of additional free car parking spaces will be provided with Park & Strides and Park & Rides available around the city. New sites this year include the Irish Rail Depot, Great National South Court Hotel in Raheen and University of Limerick.
Free Park & Stride (9am to 9pm)
- Cleeve’s Site, O’Callaghan Strand from 07 to 31 Dec 2018 inclusive
- Limerick City and County Council Car Park, via Nicholas Street on 08 & 09, 15 & 16 and 22 – 24 Dec 2018 inclusive
- Irish Rail Depot, Roxboro Road on 08 & 09 and 15 – 24 Dec 2018 inclusive
Park & Ride (9am to 9pm)
- The Great National South Court Hotel, Raheen 08 & 09, 16, 22 & 23 Dec 2018 inclusive
- University of Limerick 08 & 09, 15 & 16, 22 & 23 Dec 2018 inclusive
Motorists using the Park & Rides will then board regular Bus Éireann scheduled services 304, 304A (from both locations) and 301 from Raheen. A real-time information app can be downloaded from the National Transport Authority while using a Leap Card for the best bus fares.
As always parking in the city centre is available on-street and in multi-storey car parks. Download the Limerick e-parking app, or pay by phone or disc. On-street car parking is free after 5.30pm daily and is always free on Sundays.
In Abbeyfeale, Kilmallock and Newcastle West, motorists will get an extra two hours free parking in each of the towns from 2.30pm daily from 07 until 31 December inclusive. They already have their first hour free.
The Christmas in Limerick programme is being coordinated by Limerick City and County Council’s Culture & Arts Department and the Marketing & Communications Department.
Christmas in Limerick is supported by:
- Gold Sponsors – Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre, King John’s Castle/ Shannon Heritage, Specsavers, SuperValu
- Silver Sponsors – Brown Thomas, Caherdavin and District Credit Union, Limerick Chamber
- Bronze Sponsors – Alex Findlater & Co, Centra, O’Connell St., The Hunt Cafe, Retail Excellence Ireland, Savins, Shannon Airport
- Media Partners are Limerick’s Live 95fm, Limerick Post, Limerick Leader, Spin SouthWest
All details about what’s on for Christmas in Limerick 2018 are available in the Christmas In Limerick 2018 brochure, 100,000 copies of which are being distributed across the mid-west.
Keep up to date with all things Christmas in Limerick via: